Welcome to our newest blog series, Mom-hood! I am so excited to share the advice, encouragement, and stories of some amazing moms with you. Every guest blogger is not only a mother, but a business-savvy individual who is raising their tribe the best way they know how. I hope this series is not only relatable and inspiring, but offers comfort in knowing that every mother doesn't have it all figured out, and we're all just doing the best we can with what we're given!
Beat the Heat With Some Summer Fun - Krista Horton
Hey guys! It's Krista here, from @krista.horton. I am a mama of two, Boston (2) and Kollyns (10 months). I am a stay at home mama and we are from Bakersfield, California. Our summer months get super hot. Like extra hot. Like no one wants to be outside unless they are sitting in a pool hot. Sitting inside at home all day, every day, can get super boring so I wanted to round up a few activities that are great ways to beat the heat!
1. Find your local waterpark or splash pad. And if you don't have either, check if there is one in driving distance. We have a couple splash pads in Bakersfield but the closest waterparks are about two hours away. So we load up the car and make a day out of it! We have friends in Fresno so we travel to the waterpark in Sanger and meet them there! We get there at about 11 and hang out until 3 or 4 and are home by 6. It's a super fun day and the drive is definitely worth it!
2. Hit the beach! Once again, the closest beach is about a two hour drive for us but when making a day (or a couple days) out of it, it's really worth it! The fun and memories made make you not even think about the drive!
3. Go to a roller-skate rink! We took the kids rollerskating on Thursday for the first time! Obviously, Kolly didn't participate other than hanging out and I'm not even sure how Boss reacted to it, but it was something indoors that was fun to try out!
4. Make a craft. My sister is a preschool teacher so she always has some fun crafts up her sleeve for us to do! Pinterest has a ton of fun craft ideas as well! It's something that can be done inside or outside in the shade and it kills some time and the kids have so much fun doing it!
5. Have a pool party! And you don't even have to have a big ole pool to do it! Buy a little kiddie pool, a fun sprinkler toy, a slip in slide, some water balloons and you are set for the best pool party a kid has ever seen!
Summer days should be fun and I hope I gave you all some good ideas to try out. You'll much be happier if you get out of the house and do something fun, I promise! Do what you gotta do to make those summer memories last a lifetime.
P.S. Little Adi + Co.® was one of the very first small shop's we ever purchased from! It opened our eyes to shopping small and we have always been such huge fans. We have the summer collection on repeat around here!