With every new collection, I think, "THIS is my favorite collection." But real talk, this has got to be my absolute most adored collection(s) to date. With improved fabrics, fresh new patterns, and completely new designs, Spring/Summer 2016 was definitely a labor of love (as always!), and a small piece of my heart. To celebrate this sneak peek, here are ten fun facts about this season!
(Names will debut with the collections on Feb 25th.)
- I always like to offer two sets of capsule collections for the S/S time frame. You can chalk that up to my indecisiveness and my love for the season!
- In addition to our own prints, we collaborate with a small, independent artist each season to support up & coming artists and to bring a unique touch to each collection.
- This season we partnered with an artist from Turkey named Yusuf Doğanay who did the amazing Sailor Print you see in the first vintage nautical collection. We also have the Summer Dreamin' Trackies, Amigos Tee and the "Where have you been.." Tee from the second collection that Yusuf created for us based on our inspiration and direction for the season.
- Our new styles took over 6 months to tweak and fine-tune before we went to production. They've been in the works since August of 2015! I'm so happy to finally be able to start seeing them on your babes!
- When developing new styles, I always look to my boys for the real life inspiration. If my boys wear it, you can bet it will be in our collection. The pieces they live in always tend to make their way into our production in no time. For example, our new Trackies were a style both my boys had on repeat all last summer.
- We've added 40% more organic cotton styles to our line-up this season and I couldn't be more excited! Our new Trackies and over half of our Bummies™ are 100% organic cotton.
- Although we have grown substantially in the past two years, we still strive to have hand-made garments. Each piece is unique so no two are the same. This is the beauty of something that is not mass-produced in a factory overseas. Each tee is screen printed by hand and each garment is sewn by hand in the USA.
- We love American Apparel, as most of our tees are supplied by them, but this season we are thrilled to introduce our very first manufactured top, our new Muscle Tank. EXCLUSIVE and developed privately by Little Adi + Co. The fit on this is just perfect, you guys! I hope you love it like we do.
- The direction for this season was two-fold: vintage nautical and palm springs. The meeting of classic prep and bright boho, ocean-minded sailor x free-spirited hippie.
- There's so much newness this season, we couldn't just stop there. Our new logo and branding will debut with our new collection on Feb 25th. New look, new styles, new fabrics, new fits - same brand, just better.
Stay tuned for the official release on February 25th (next Thursday)! In the meantime, come follow along with our #ss16collectioncountdown on IG to get daily updates and news - @little_adi_co.
What a fabulous collection! I can’t wait until Thursday! Adore the fringe top!
ACC definitely needs some “soft shorts” as she calls them. I’ll have to get with you to see if they’ll fit my little beanpole.
I love the black fringe shirt with the yellow bummies!!
Love, love, LOVE this! And, loving the collaboration, such beautiful work! Can’t wait too see the rest of the new collection. Come on Thursday!
What’s my favorite piece so far? How can one choose a favorite when they are this amazing!