So, I'm pretty much a self-proclaimed pillow hoarder and it's kind of a problem.
Not only is my taste level becoming substantially more sophisticated, but my wallet unfortunately has not followed suit. Even in stores like HomeGoods and Marshall's, I find myself gravitating toward the higher price-tags without even knowing it. As I'm sure you can imagine, my husband no likey and neither does my hall closet. I'm simply running out of room! Then I got to thinkin'. The very first sewing project I ever took on was a pillow cover, back in the 9th grade. I hold a degree in Fashion Design, which requires no less than 500 hours of logged sewing time. I'm clearly more than capable of creating all of these stuffed squares that I love at half the cost, so why wasn't I doing it? It's simple. I just needed the right inspiration to give me that little kick in the rump I needed and lucky for you, I found all you'll ever need to get started. Below are 20 easy pillow tutorials that are not only cute, but super chic. Like "girl, where did you get that pillow?!" chic. My favorite is of course the cactus, great for a nursery or kid's room. Read on for more!
- Easy DIY Grain Sack Pillow from hawthorneandmain.com
- DIY No-Sew Shirt Pillow Tutorial from houseofhawthornes.com
- DIY No Sew Pom Pom Pillow from prettylifegirls.com
- Fall Leaf Pillow from positivelysplendid.com
- Zig Zag Pillow DIY from mesewcrazy.com
- Quick Floor Pillows Tutorial from dreamalittlebigger.com
- The Cat And The Canary No Sew Applique Pillow Tutorial from ilovetocreateblog.blogspot.ro
- How To DIY A Woven Pillow from aprettyfix.com
- DIY Iron-on Graphic Pillow With Tassels from prettylifegirls.com
- DIY Cactus Pillow from thecraftedsparrow.com
- Mini Pom Pom Pillow DIY from abeautifulmess.com
- Abstract Face Pillow DIY from abeautifulmess.com
- Your Sharpie Style: DIY Watercolor Pillow from kickingitwithkelly.com
- How To Sew A Zipper Pillow from hawthorneandmain.com
- DIY Stamped Pillow from todiyblog.tumblr.com
- Double Sided Fall And Christmas Pillow Tutorial from sisterswhat.com
- 2-tone Yarn Tassel Pillow Tutorial from seekatesew.com
- Ribbed Crochet Cushion Cover Pattern from ideas.sewandso.co.uk
- Fringe Pillow Made From A Placemat from alwaysrooney.com
- DIY Pillow With Brush Lettering from drawntodiy.com
I spend way too much money on throw pillows. I definitely need to start making my own. These tutorials are going to save me a ton.
All so adorable. I only wish I had craftier hands to make those! I’m sharing this post with my sister. I know she can make these throw pillows with ease.
It’s so cool to be able to make your own throw pillow or cover! I think these are lovely ideas especially for Spring! Thanks for the list.
Love all of these ideas for DIY throw pillows. Now I have something to refer to when I need inspiration… if only I have more time.
I love all of these. I have made a couple of pillows on my own. I can appreciate the attention to detail that it takes to do a good job making a good pillow.